Friday, May 1, 2015

Dragon+

I'm going to take credit for this, deserved or not. WOTC has created a free iPhone/iPad app periodical. I've taken the last couple of surveys they've offered, and freely expressed my desire for the return of Dragon and Dungeon magazines. Particularly, I've expressed the need for the kind of content they routinely provided, namely a mix of maps, game theory, adventures, and so on. This is a good start along that route, so I'm going to claim they listened to me.
Ok, the content is as thin as the website. Ok, there really isn't anything new that can't be found already on the website. But, it is the right direction to go, and seems to be a useful Newsstand item. The value will come as content is developed for it, and one hopes for a similar adventure based offering to come soon.

1 comment:

  1. It's very nice to have a platform out there for this, though I fear the content will end up like the content on the regular website - a few teasers of real content, along with endless ads and fluff. That and the fact that it won't open for me...

    ReplyDelete