Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dragon Tales

We ought to try adding an adventure blog to track details of our playing. It would be interesting to have details of each to go back to down the road, but it could also be fun to see how each of us views the adventure. We could compile a look at it from each characters point of view (or at least, each player at the table). If we wanted, we could create separate threads for each arc.

It makes sense to have it separate from this feed, let this be for ideas, brainstorming, adventure building and rules discussion, and the other to be just for a log of adventures. I've started a test blog at http://fireballgulch.blogspot.com/, but haven't worked out the details yet, and figured it would make sense to think it out first.

Any thoughts or ideas?

4 comments:

  1. there's a lot to be said for that. Probably something to be said for a dryasdust accounting of the adventure too, for analytical purposes maybe, but mostly just to put down facts. But the other has many possibilities, including a way to semi-play out some of the between time. I'll have to think about it, but i like it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I brought it up. That was more what I was thinking, but when I tried to type something up, my brain went blank. It would be interesting to see how different people saw the same encounter, but mostly it would be good to have a record of what happened as it happened. Yet, in spite of talking about it all the way to VT and back, I spaced when I tried to recall the details.
    It seems like too much to start zillions of blogs. Maybe a barebones entry on the adventure with personal reflections in the thread? It bugs me that we can pull these settings out from years ago, and barely remember one from the next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My concern is mixing first person narrative with third person description. Maybe we need an internal blog for the game world and this for the metagame aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is probably the place for the dryasdust stuff - this happened and that happened, these monsters and that setting... kind of a record and a way to talk about gameplay and how to make it better. Might make sense to use the labels to mark Adventure Logs, or such - makes it easier to keep them together. I can think of things you could add to something like that - pictures of the maps, party records, etc....

    I like the idea of another one for more fictional records - stories and such. In character kinds of things. There's a lot of stuff you can do with that...

    I think you need to add the rest of us as authors to the other one for us to contribute...

    ReplyDelete